RE: Throttle Body Cleaning

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 10:00:54 EDT

I just read that article and i'd be very worried about the way they explain
how to clean it. (They're showing a "tooth brush" in the picture and foam
tips on the "intake snake".) Has anyone seen what Carb/TB/Brake-Clean does
to tooth brushes and foam? (It melts)

Now I don't know what the Intake Snake has on the tip...so it may very well
be safe to use...but the other item is the IAC or MAP ports. They don't
talk about removing the TB (or IAC Solenoid)...they just explain how to wash
the gunk down your intake system.

- Bernd