Re: Powerdyne/ANY PCM

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 15:19:50 EDT

Hehehehe..."And that's 1/2 the battle." ;)

Going from experience with the ICON, I don't run any BTM (just my Digital-6+
w/Revlimiter...no limiter on my truck), the Powerdyne FMU w/Pump, and the
ICON. I custom programmed the curve to be able to run 93 octane fuel and the
fuel enrichment is "dead nuts" at 12.0:1 under WOT now. (IAT Adjuster helped
fine tune.)

I run Scott's 7-rib 2.45" pulley (giving me a hair under 10# at 4500+rpm) and
still...no BTM. The ICON, for what it does, is an excellent alternative to the
custom programmed PCM's. Why? Because no truck runs identical to the other,
we've seen different performance from like PCM's, and as we all
know...some "ping" and some don't under boost.

- Bernd