Injector flow rates

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 19:45:28 EDT

I read the following from the Q&A section of the April 2001 Mopar
Performance News:

Q(5) I'm working on a fuel-injected combination and my dyno program
shows I could benefit from more injector delivery. What can you tell me
about flow rates of the injectors in your catalog? Also, if you have
the factory injector rates would be very helpful.

A(5) You should step up the injectors in something like only 25 percent
increments. The production V-8 is 24 - the MPP package is 30! Remember
that you must change the computer if you change the injectors; at the
least, it must be reprogrammed with the new injector values. Injector
rates are not as easy as one might think, but they go something like
this:

Engine Years Flow rate in lb/hr
Neon (All) All 23.9
2.5 Magnum 91-95 17.4
2.5 Magnum 96-01 23.2
4.0 Jeep 91-95 21.4
4.0 Jeep 96-01 23.2
5.2 Magnum 92-95 18.2
5.2 Magnum 96-01 23.2
5.9 Magnum 93-95 24.5
5.9 Magnum 96-01 23.2

---end---

Surprise, surprise huh? Comments?

Latr,

Shane

--
'96
IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs

'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck" '74 Triple-Black Dodge Challenger Rallye 360 home-brew EFI R&D vehicle '68 Black Corvette Convertible 427 (For Sale)