Re: Stock Exhaust Removal Blues

From: Glen Clark (glen@groupphotographers.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 11:03:14 EDT

I used a hammer and chizel (sp?). Took me about 1 hour of constant banging
and pulling on it to get it off. After i got it off, it took me about 10
mins to install my Gibson single. What i ended up doing was using the
chizel to cut the muffler back past the flared part, i had to do it on 3
sides, then i bent them back. With enough determination, it'll come off.
At first i thought about saving my muffler but after 15 mins, i desided to
just screw it and cut it. I tried a powered hack saw, but that didnt do
anything either. What ever you do, try and not damage (too much, it will
get dinged up) the pipe going into the muffler. I wish i had some pics of
it, but my digi cam is broke. Good luck tho...

Glen