Re: Re: Front differential

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 19:23:47 EDT

> At 10:09 AM 5/16/01 -0700, you wrote:
> >I noticed that Ray had a post right below his front diff
> >question in which he says, "Mines a '91 with 137,000 miles on
> >it." So that ought to be the same front diff as yours, right
>
> Dodge says it could be one of 3 different diffs

Check out these links:
 http://www.drivetrain.com/chrysler7.5.html

I really think ALL GenI and GenII 4WD Dakotas have a Chrysler 7.25 Front
Axle. Just from 1987 to 1996 things were modified and changed around
throughout the years with technology; logistically 87-96 Daks should have a
7 1/4" front diff. Your local Dodge dealer should be able to tell you which
front axle you have, whether you own an 89 4WD or a 94 4WD....the dealers
should know.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6....definately with the 7.25 front axle.....