RE: SS S-10 Ssspank!!!

From: Brian Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 06:21:06 EDT

Cheaper yes, faster no. I have seen one of the vaunted 4.7/5 speed/3.92s
running at the track, best was a 15.1 and he could hit every shift PERFECT
and launch that sucker GREAT! There are 00-01 R/Ts running mid 14s BONE
STOCK, with freaking auto trannies. And have any 4.7s hit 13s with just
bolt-ons???? 100% N/A??? With the 4.7 you lose so much, it would cost
thousands to reproduce the suspension and rims of the R/T ALONE! And to add
to that there is only a 1500-2000 dollar price difference. the 4.7s are
nice smooth motors, I drove 2 01s and a 00 (auto/RCs) and while they were
nice, any R/t would walk all over them. I considered a new 4.7, but after
driving them i have decided i'd rather have a used R/T than a new 4.7. i
would rather have the multiple times better suspension, better wheels,
better looks, and of course the 360/46RE with their proven power and
reliability. The exhaust note and attention is just a bonus :)

   Brian