DML Re: Slow day so how about a DML survey

From: Doug Fedeli (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 16:54:12 EDT

I picked up my 92 CC on June 15,1992 brand new. I have about 108,500
miles on it. For the last 3 years I've only put about 10000 miles on it.
It's great having a job with a company car even if it is a Taurus Wagon.
I put about 30000 miles a year on that.
Repairs
Leaking weather stripping on the passenger door. Replaced under warranty
with the carpet and pad that was flooded after a rain storm.
I replaced the grill and radiator the first winter I had it thanks to a
deer. Those were the only thing damaged after hitting a deer at about 50
mph.
The standard brake rotor replacement at 30000 miles after turning them
once.
Broken pivot in the clutch at 50000
A couple of sets of parking brake cables that froze up.
Replace the rear drums at 60000 miles because the parking brakes
wouldn't release.
Corroded wiring harness to the computer repaired at 96000 miles.
Replaced a noisy timing chain at 100000
Then your basic replacement stuff. Brake pads, tires, O2 sensor.
Still using the original belly pan gasket and fuel pump.
It's been a great truck. I just wish the paint would have stayed on the
hood and roof.

Doug Fedeli