Re: 180 T-stat

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 18:47:28 EDT

Jay,

I had the same trouble until I realized that Robertshaw makes them and
various retail stores sell them. Auto Zone sells them and should have either
GT 755-180 or 330-180 in stock. I believe Pep Boys also sells the under the
name of Super Stat. The 330-180 is a "balanced" thermostat and responds only
to temperature changes. The GT 755-180 is an OEM style direct replacement
and does not appear to be of the balanced design. I recommend the 330-180
("balanced") part. For a good discussion of thermostats go to

http://www.packeton.com/flowkooler/home.htm

I don't know much about the other brands other than the criticisms found here
on the DML. They don't seem to work as well as the Robertshaw thermostats.

Good luck
Andrew