Re: HDFS hydraulic pwrd engine fan

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 18:58:22 EDT

> > If it fits a 4.7 Grand Cherokee, How different can a 4.7 Dak be?
>
> I'm not sure all models of the GC have this system.

Only the 2001 4.7 V8 models, not the 4.0 Six's. I have one but I have not examined the fan system except to notice it is hydraulic.
The fan motor is very flat. The fan seems to run slowly when not needed and speed up if the ac is on or stopped a long time on a hot
day. Just like a fan clutch is supposed to react. Only even at idle speed this thing car rev up and blow lots of air. More than any
electric fan and more than a belt drive fan unless that engine was revved to 3k or more. Very efficient design. Your veichle should
never overheat with one of these fans.