New DAK 4.7 MPG Report

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 16:37:04 EDT

Just hit 500 miles on the way to work this morning. I have a 2001 DAK QC
with 4.7/AWD/Auto/3.92/Limited Slip.

Right at the 500 mile mark, computer showed AVG ECO of 14.9 MPG, current
MPG of 16 while driving at 60 MPH on the highway.

I did hit AVG ECO of 15.1 earlier this weekend.

Slight mods include K&N drop in (waiting on GEN II FIPK), Lund Bug
deflector and vent visors (not too happy with the wind noise these
produce, anyone else with the autoshade or autovent visors have this wind
noise?)

First oil change will be around 800 miles, keeping to dino oil, no
synthetics yet but I do have a new DAK Owner Seminar at the dealership
Wednesday night, gonna ask their opinion on putting in synthetic 10w-30
for summer driving, at the 800 mile mark)

Two thumbs up!