was: fast and furious NOW: ranting.

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 18:09:59 EDT

You're off on your information. Civic (si)s have B16 motors. ah, let's
see. My uncle has a not superly extensively modified one in his 96 civic
hatchback running 11s at the track with slicks. this is with the aid of a
JR supercharger and a lil shot of the funny gas (75 shot) since it's an alum
block. but these cars do put out impressive numbers and get 20-30 miles
DAILY!

okay, the street charger racing scene. That's not a civic. it's a RWD
Toyota SUPRA.. yes. twin turbo 3.0L. If you've seen a couple at street
races, these things can be tuned to be insanely fast. There's also a
street legal 9.77 second RX-7 using the 3 rotor wankel motor. So, before
you go dogging on these cars, dig up some more information, other than
reading ur magazines, which always dog on the imports.
-Chuong

PS. I've seen an integra GSRs pull a 14.8 with a basic intake and cat-back
exhaust. (I KNOW that's all it has because the car belongs to a very close
semi-family member) What do 5.0 mustangs run? ah. 15.3s with a couple
mods. and now.. which car can obtain over 20 mpg DAILY?

<<
What is unrealistic about this movie is how much power these B18 Civics
have.... I know the import guys are running impressive numbers and such,
but the trailers I've seen have shown explosive power and tons of grip.
Just doesn't happen. Then they race a blown pro street Charger? That does
on the bumper wheelstands... ON THE STREET??? No VHT? No sticky rubber
starting line??? ON THE STREET??? I've pulled a wheel stand on the
street. But not on the friggin bumper..... Okay, fine it can do that...
That means its probably a high 8 second car or better. Its drag racing an
import car that AT BEST would run high 11's.

The imports are fast... But the fastest cars are all RWD Pro Stock or Pro
Mod type vehicles. Front wheel drive cars simply don't run RWD numbers.
An equivalently modified muscle car is going to kill them.