Re: Re: was: fast and furious NOW: ranting.

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 03:33:33 EDT

Did I say I am the expert? Don't think so. I just really don't agree to
you dogging on other car companies. It's a damn movie for god's sake. The
points I tried to mention are...

1) civics are more popular with the b16 motor. AM I RIGHT?

2) the scene with the charger. it's racing a Supra. AGAIN.. am I right?

I'm not trying to flame you, it's just funny how you got your facts all
mixed up.

Also, my last point I'm trying to make is that these "ricers" are capable of
20-30 miles while putting out equivalent times as big v8 motors. Not 13s
cars from the factory, but what's ur average v8 truck run? 15.3-15.8?
what's the average mustange 5.0 and 4.6 run? I'd say somewhere around
there, maybe a couple tenths faster. Then you get your rice burning honda
in that is capable of 15.8s on a gsr 4 banger or maybe a 16.1 on a SI, but
these cars can put out 20-30 MPG. that's 1/2 of what the v8s burn.

So. don't go dogging on a genre of cars just because there are a couple bad
lemons in the crowd. There are bad lemons in every model of cars, trucks,
SUVS, sports cars. so let's not dog everyone that's not driving a dodge or
big american RWD V8. amen.
-Chuong