Re: DML Digest V4 #3728

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@NYCAP.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 19:09:54 EDT

> So who do we go to and have them turned when it's time to change the pads?
> I've been looking at them for a while now but haven't found any answers to
this.

> Thanks,
>
> - - Bernd

Hey, Bernd!
You should be able to take them to anyone with a decent brake lathe set-up
who uses a good quality (i.e Kennametal) carbide insert. The interrupted cut
will not cause undue fracturing of the carbide if the operator/machinist has
his feeds, speeds & depth of cut right. If you are told at an auto supply or
brake shop they can't do the rotors because of the holes/slots, they don't
know what they're talking about, or they're still using High Speed Steel
(HSS) cutting tools... find a good machine shop where somebody knows how to
cut metal & they'll tighten you up. HTH,

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
(Machinist by trade...in a previous life!)
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4

For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )