Re: Ping Ping Ping in a 1999 5.2l

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 21:16:15 EDT

I think what it is on these 97+ Daks,is that they are
trying to get the engine to produce such little
emissions on crappy gas,that performance does not
compare to earlier versions.Seems like,anyway.That is
the only thing that makes sense to me,since pre 97s
don`t seem to have any performance problems.
--- Batman <batphreak@zombieweb.com> wrote:
> There's a fix for the '99s??? The final fix that
> I'm aware of from the factory is to flash the PCM.
> From everything I've heard on that the truck loses
> all the balls it ever had (which ain't much with a
> '99). I've got a 180 t-stat, colder plugs, and only
> run 89 octane...still sounds like a diesel under
> decent load. I've just resigned myself to the fact
> that 1999 was the worst year for the good 'ole 318.
>
> -Batman
>
> --- "Suter, Rick" <RSuter@bizfon.com>
> > wrote:
> >What's the *real* fix for 1999 5.2l pinging that
> sounds like detonation? The
> >Dodge boys tried playing with the exhaust, then
> said "Oh, we'll tune it up",
> >to which I said, "thanks, but no thanks". Isn't the
> real fix related to the
> >intake?
> >
> >thanks,
> >
> >Rick
>
> ==
> -Batman
> '99 CC 4x4 5.2L 5spd sprt wht
> 10" X 2.75" K&N Open Element
> Turbo II muffler

> FREE 6MB ZombieWeb E-Mail Account At
> http://www.zombieweb.com
>
> Report spam to spam@zombieweb.com

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.