Re: Instrument cluster

From: tony mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 11:41:55 EDT

Hey sorry I missed your original post but I've had this problem for years.
It only pops up once in a while though.I also have a 97 Sport and the only
way I found to solve the problem was to switch froma 10a to a 15 a fuse. I
know thats not really wise but when it starts happening its a complete pain
in the ass. I've gone through about 50 10a fuses and I finally said forget
it. The dealer has tried several times to finsd the problem but bothing. I
posted about this a few years ago and I got a reply regarding the seatblt
buzzer/sensor as a cause but could never find a definite cause. However,
since I put in the 15a I havent had a problem.

>Last night, I started the truck and my instrument cluster didn't work. Any
>ideas?? I stopeed and filled the gas tank so I was sure not to run out of
>gas. The lights in the background come on, but none of the needles move. TIA

Tony J Mastres
Photographer
University of California @ Santa Barbara
Instructional Resources/Photo Services