Re: Re: brake warpage suggestion to all...

From: Paul Bullerman (hemikota@home.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 22:14:07 EDT

Just my input on this, I agree with everyone. I have been having this
problem with my drums though. The ones from the factory were fine, but the
ones the dealer used to replace them with may be in question. DC does allow
dealers to buy from local wholsalers, in fact the company I work for stocks
brake pads for many of the local MD dealers. They also buy rotors and drums
from us too. However, few of our sales are for warranty jobs. They use
chrysler's house brand for this. I dont know who supplies these parts to
them at the moment.
So, I am going to buy two new Raybestos PG Plus drums and shoes to see if
the quality of metal is a factor, or if indeed there is a design
(mechanical) problem instead.

FYI: to a well-to-do wholesaler (3mil inventory) Raybestos PG Plus rotors
(96-01 4x4) cost $30.00 ea. Makes you wonder; when a factory demands even
more, they get even better prices.
They are still going to order the cheap ones (Chrysler house brand) to
offset the price of paying their mechanics, even at flat rate.
I didnt price the 2wd rotors, but they would be more. Probably not much more
though.
9" drums cost about the same for the PG Plus, the economy line, Raybestos
Raymold cost 12.00 ea. (N/A for the rotors).
We'll see what my problem is..
HTH
Boog