Powerdyne SC on a '95 318 (5.2L)

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 09:25:54 EDT

Bernd:

I've tried three times to respond to your question, but the DML server
keeps rejecting the reply, so I'll try a little "cut-and-paste" job here.

Powerdyne doesn't list a kit for the 95 and older models...but the
Powerdyne
kit does fit on the 95 and older with the addition of a 97+ airhat. We
proved
this on Richard Pyburns '95 5.2L SLT already. (Powerdyne said it won't
work
properly...heheehehe...hey Richard, how does she run now?) ;)

The phrase that most comes to mind is "like a striped-ass ape!" The
truck runs powerfully, smoothly and eagerly. The addition of the F&B
Billet TB and your IAT adjuster really enhanced the performance.

As you know, I only have one problem...traction off the line 8-)

Sam, I heartily recommend the Powerdyne unit. As Bernd said to me a 318's
a 318. I believe that Powerdyne didn't realize that all magnim engines
are MPFI and perhaps that is why they won't recommend the unit for
anything before '96. Of course, since OBD-II came into play in '96
perhaps it has something to do with emissions, I don't know. But, from a
performance standpoint, I'd say go for it!

Richard in San Antonio

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.