Re: DML Digest V4 #3738

From: Charles Smith (Dak99RT@home.net)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 17:30:41 EDT

Just to throw in my .02.... I have no problems with wheel hop. I have 2"
lowering blocks and no other traction devices. Also here is a post from Mike
Williams on this same subject from a few weeks ago on the rtml:
<<<<<
I was going to save this arguement until I has some proof to back it
up, but my Hotchkis springs and Caltrac totally suck when it comes to
traction. The rear is so stiff that my tires just spin and then the
back end starts swing around. Mine and Danno's theory it is bacause
of the lack of axle wrap. For years Mopar have used this to their
advantage. Look at all the top dog racers and non of them us any
traction bar. They use a pinion snubber, the wrap forces the rearend
down appling force, the snubber keeps if from bouncing. Once I get my
current projects done, I think, I'm going to try and go back to the
stock springs with lowering blocks and rig up a pinion snubber.

Mike Williams
00 Blk RC
01 AF CC>>>>>

Also I do not have any tire rubbing in the front with the Hotchkis coils and
I did not have to rollin in the fender lips. I just followed Hotchkis'
directions and got the correct alighnment. All rubbing gone :)
Charles Smith
99 DA RC R/T
13.64 @ 99 mph N/A