RE: Shopping for a new QC

From: J. Courtenay Brandon (jcbrandon@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 15:05:06 EDT

Val-

Congratulations. You're gonna love that truck.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the
wheel-mounted stereo controls. They seemed like a
silly idea to me -- until I got them. One of the
things I really like about my pickup.

Good call on the rearend gears. If you can't think of
a reason to get the lower gearing, you don't need it.

May I suggest that after you get the motor broken in
you do a little gentle off-road exploring. These
trucks are amazingly capable off the pavement. If you
like the outdoors at all you've just purchased a great
tool for exploring it. The thing I like best about my
truck is the ability to drive a couple hundred miles
of interstate in complete comfort and then just pull
off the road and into the woods. When you're not
restricted to paved roads it is remarkably easy to get
away from the crowds.

cheers,

-J.