RE: weird power problems (accessory/ignition switch)

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 10:55:45 EDT

Is it possible that the battery in your cell phone is powering your stereo?
Try disconnecting the battery under the hood to see if your stereo still
plays with your cell phone plugged in. There is a cigarette lighter socket
battery backup gadget that uses a 9-volt battery to save the presets on the
car radio when the battery under the hood is disconnected.