Re: top of hood dirty on the inside

From: Chris Reck (roadkill@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 12:14:52 EDT

I go ahead and spray down the inside of mine, just make sure that most of it
drips down before you close it. Don't want any water puddling and
rusting...

I figure that water gets up inside the engine anyway. I wouldn't recommend
pouring a 5 gallon bucketfull over the engine, but I give mine a spray every
few weeks (enough to where the water just starts rolling off the components.
I never spray around the battery or back by the distributor though.

On my snowmobile (subjected to much more salt and rust), spraying has
actually caused the throttle cables to corrode in and get stuck. Had to
disassemble everything to clean.

Chris
'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 Amethyst