Re: difference between Autolite 3923 & 5224?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 20:07:54 EDT

At 06:25 PM 5/30/01 -0400, you wrote:
>What is the difference between the Autolite 3923's and the autolite's that
>are recommended 5224's? When I looked at the Autolite book it list 5224
>for the spark plug. What exactly is different about it? Thanks. Mike

The 522x plugs are truck-type plugs and are the recommended plugs for
the 318.

The 392x family are the recommended plugs for the 360 although they
can be and are used as 'performance' plugs with the 318.

Autolite plug numbers ending in a 4 indicate that the plugs are the normal heat
range. As this last digit decreases, the heat range becomes
correspondingly one
range colder.

Bob