RE: difference between Autolite 3923 & 5224?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 07:14:12 EDT

At 08:14 PM 5/30/01 -0400, you wrote:
>What makes that get more performance than the 5224?
>Thanks for your help!

I don't know for sure if the 392x family of plugs get more performance
than those in the 522x family. Jon Smith did dyno the 3923s and
there were increases as compared to the stock(?) plugs.

I plan on getting a set of 5224s (now running 3923s for the track)
to see if it'll cut down on the HC emissions (I'm at the max. allowable
in Ont.). The center part of the 5224 plug is supposedly designed
for the best burn for low rpm torque and the extral length of the tip
is supposedly designed to get the spark closer to the fuel injector
spray.

It may well be that the design of the 392x family gets a better burn
at high rpms. I know that the Autolites were used on a lot of the
mopar muscle cars in the 70's.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG