Re: transmissions

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 08:02:03 EDT

At 06:45 AM 5/31/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Are you sure? Because in my Factory Service manual,
>it shows both the 44RE and the 46RE(which is an A518,
>right?)

My tranny is a 44RE. When I bought the aftermarket tq,
I had to know if the tranny was an A500 or an A518.

I was given information on how to id which I had by the
shape of the tranny pan. I took a look and concluded
it was an A500 descendent. The tq has been installed
and no problems.

The parts man at a Dodge dealer did not know the
newer trannies when I went to get a tranny pan gasket.
He asked if it was an A500 or A518. I told him A500
and the gasket fits.

The 46RE is from the A518.

Bob