Subject: Re: overheating problems

From: Ryan G. (gogglesqq@home.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 09:47:06 EDT

Did
you pull the radiator cap off (cold please!!!) and see where the level
is at??

     Yup I sure did. Coolant is right at the top. However the overflow
tank was empty. I have no knowledge of cooling systems soooooooooo was that
my problem?

You might have a leak around the thermostat housing, common prob. Was
there alot of crap around the housing when you took out the 'stat??

    There was plenty of crap down there--the gasket was pretty much
nonexistent.

did you bleed the air out of your system after you filled your radiator?
Don't remember the exact procedures for the dakota, but i think it's run
with your cap off or something.

     Did that too.