Re: Failed 4 Emission Tests!

From: Batman (batphreak@zombieweb.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 22:29:55 EDT

I wouldn't expect Heet to help, that stuff is made to suck the any condensated water out of the gasoline. It probably lowers the octane of the fuel that you add it to. Running premium won't necessarily help either since the truck probably won't burn the fuel efficiently. I think in your previous messages you said you put most of the stock equipment back on the thing, only thing I can think of to help further might be to have someone look it over with a scan tool and make sure everything is telling you it's operating properly, if it is MaMOPAR will probably be the only source of help.

-Batman

--- "Kyle Kozubal" <grndak4x4@home.com>
> wrote:
>This has the be a DML record! I ran my truck's tank down to 1/8 of a tank,
>and put 1/2 tank of premium in. I ran that 1/2 tank down to 1/8 of a tank
>and them put another 1/2 tank of premium in along with 6 bottles of Heet.
>Hydrocarbons went up from the 3rd test!
>Here are the HC levels:
>Test #1: 1.76
>Test #2: 2.19
>Test #3: 2.12
>Test #4: 2.16
>
>I am thinking it has to be the catalytic converter. Any thoughts?
>Kyle
>93 Dakota 4x4 V6

==
-Batman