Re: Factory Electric Fan

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 22:41:46 EDT

Leave the stock electric on. It pulls air extremely well. Don't have
the numbers at hand but it pulls air just fine. You can feel the flow
when its on (careful of the fingers of course).

If you want to add a pair of smaller pushers up front I know they will
fit (I've test fit a couple of 10" haydens). This was with AC. If you
don't have the AC radiator to worry about you might be able to get a 16"
in there but I don't know.

I put a thermostatic switch with sensor in the fins of my radiator that
keeps the stock electric running even when the engine is off until it
cools off a bit. Gives the truck a chance to cool down while I'm in the
convenience store or whatever. Peak underhood temps normally occur
soon after engine shutoff. Hopefully I'm avoiding real high peak. But I
live in the Phoenix Valley. This may be too extreme for where you live.
Wish I'd gotten the towing package with tranny cooler.

Marty