Re: Re: Re: Check Engine Light = Engine Too Cold For Too Long

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 08:40:44 EDT

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Steven T. Ekstrand wrote:

> I forget the exact code (1479???), but it stood for [paraphrased] "Engine
> Cold for too long at start-up".
>
> That was the only trouble code.
>
> You can read the code on the dash after you turn the key on and off a
> couple of times (3?).

I tried this before bringing the truck in to the dealer....on/off 3 times,
just got a P_ _ _ DONE in the display.

My code was as reported: Engine Too Cold For Too Long.
Nothing about startup was detailed, and the incident was written up as
such. Possible multiple 'Cold' type codes?

Gonna see what happens by 8/20 before determining if I'll let the service
dept look at it again.