Steering "clunk" gone!

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 23:53:26 EDT

Got the new intermediate shaft done at the dealer today, and as soon as I
drove away, I noticed the "clunk" was no longer there! The tech told me it's
usually always the shaft on 2wds & the upper ball joints on 4wds. While
there, I saw about 20 used cat converters (including 1in/2out R/T converters)
in a pile by the dumpster. He said "Yeah, they're crap, we replace at least
one a day". The service manager knew about the airbag recall from the TV,
said DC hasn't sent them anything yet. Said if the airbag dash light isn't
lit, it's still OK.

Kevin/NJ
99 CC 5.2L 2wd auto (318 R/T )
always addin' more...see my profile