RE: Shitty Dak Brakes

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 19:51:15 EDT

Ken,

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Ken Hoffman
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 11:39 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Shitty Dak Brakes

Well kids,
To make a long story short--I totally smashed my Dak. Why --no brakes! at
least none under my control. My 99 CC unloaded, 1/4 tank o fgas couldnt
make an emergency stop from approx 40mph to 0 in less than 150ft!! The
pedal went down as normal momentarily then fell away (to the floor) and
the truck went rolling along merrily stopping in its own time ---or until
the Suburban in front of me (approx 150') stopped it. WAY TO GO ABS.
The tires didn't chirp or break loose at all!! I have experienced abs
functioning in other types of vehicles before, but never felt the
sensation of REDUCED overall braking upon activating the abs. Thats what
happened when the pedal fell away, the feeling of actually releasing the
pedal!! Not cool. I would like to hear of any other similar experiences
that you guys and gals may haave had, as this type of braking phenomenon
is totally unacceptable to me.

Ken H --1 dead dak