engine noise

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 22:35:39 EDT

Hi
    For the last few months I've been hearing a pinging sound from the back
of my engine near the dist. cap. I think i've found out what it is. There'
s a small metal cube between the fuel lines. There's one inlet from the
fuel pump and the other go to each bank of injectors. Does anybody know
what this part is called? The noise is getting louder and the idle is
getting pretty rough so it worries me. it's a 95 dak, reg cab, short box,
v6

Thanks geoff