RE: re: Exhaust Rattle..think i found a solution

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 23:48:31 EDT

Catback time, David.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

From: owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET]On Behalf Of David D.
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 7:55 PM
To: dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET
Subject: DML: re: Exhaust Rattle..think i found a solution

Do any of you with Quad Cabs,or other 97+ Daks,have on your rear exhaust
hanger,a rubber doughnut device?

My exhaust is rattling again.If i push down on the exhaust pipe end,the
rattle goes away.In between the doughnut device is an open spots that
stretches.I expand it enough to put something inside the space,but it falls
out after a while.

I'm going to wedge in a small testors 1 oz paint bottle or a big marble,and
wrap it with tape.

I went to the dealer...they would replace the whole exhaust for free,but i'd
be without the Dak for 2-3 days...this is unnaceptable

I'll keep u informed on my quick fix

David Digney
00' Dakota Quad Cab
3.9 V6,42RE,3.55
Firestone Firehawk SS20's (P275/60/15)
DML Member/Dakota USA Member-Wisconsin Chapter President