Dak running bad (revisited) The Serious Reply.

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 02:44:33 EDT

Hey Wes! I know how you feel,buddy! I only joke about
it because I know how aggravating it is.You have the
sixer too,huh? Does yours run bad ALL the time? Mine
runs well maybe 10-20% of the time.Not sure if it ever
has run 100% of it`s ability.I`ve had it to the dealer
multiple times,with no success.It`s hard to get
something done with a vehicle that has a problem like
ours.Performance is relative.If a mechanic drives your
truck,who is used to driving an Omni with a cracked
head,of course he thinks it runs fine.In my
case,nobody has ever really seen how bad mine can
get,except me.It always runs just well enough for them
that they think I`m imagining it all.I personally
believe a Dak with auto,V6,and 3.92 gears should be
able to go 65 mph on the highway all the time,not
occasionally.Mine has also began to buzz loudly at
wide open throttle when it runs badly.Doesn`t make the
sound unless it is running bad,for some reason.Can`t
really tell where the noise comes from exactly.Does
yours make any kind of strange noise at wide-open
throttle? I plan to keep mine one more year,until it
is almost out of warranty both time-wise and
mileage-wise,and trade her in. Sad. THIS is the truck
I wanted,and it may never run right,unless I can fix
it myself.That`s the only way I`ll keep it. Steve
P.

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.