RE: RE: RE: air intake group buy

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 11:04:46 EDT

Yup...and all they did was enlarge the pleats. (I ordered a few for
testing.) Not worth it unless you like the blue filter color. ;)

Folks,

One thing that you need to bear in mind...the CFM rating of the filter.
As long as it's more than capable of supplying the current (and possible
future mods) you'll be fine. Either the K&N, S&B, or Holley filters are
more than capable of this. All the filter are also within 1-2HP of each
other which does NOT make any difference at the track. (Driver error can
waste 10-15HP easily so don't stress on the filter.)

On the intake system, yes...the K&N Gen-II is currently one of the best
intakes out there due to the air hat and tube design. (Volant makes one
similar to this as well.) If you're just replacing the intake tube (not
the air hat) and the filter...IP, Intakez, QuickD...they will ALL
perform the same...much better than stock.

- Bernd