Re: Re: The rattle from hell.. And a 'buckling sound'...

From: Kevin (ksmith@korea.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 18:19:40 EDT

Maybe this will help. Check your tail gate latches. Frequently only one
latch will lock leaving the other side just hanging there and rattling
around. There is a fix for this problem on the DML web site. Also you may be
able to bend the rods that connect the latches to the tail gate handle, and
get proper tension so that both latches lock together. Take off the access
plate behind the tail gate handle, and you can check and see if both latches
lock when you close your tail gate.