Re: RE: Coming To Michigan Next Week...."Cookout & Warren"

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 20:40:49 EDT

On Sun, 05 Aug 2001 17:27:54 -0400, andylevy@yahoo.com (Andy Levy)
wrote:
>I don't get this. The Durango plant in Newark, DE rolled out the red
>carpet for the Durango Owner's Club. I think they were in their 2-week
>summer shutdown at the time, and obviously couldn't get into the paint
>areas, but aside from that, they got a full tour.

We didn't see the paint areas either. I'm not exactly sure why DC is
so reluctant to give tours of the Warren plant. I think part of it
may be that it's an old plant, not very modern looking, and perhaps DC
is not comfortable with the PR image it would show. It may also be a
matter of logistics, as the way the plant is laid out doesn't lend
itself to large groups of people coming through without disrupting
operations. And of course there's the safety concern, with liability
and all that.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.358 @ 95.75, 337rwhp N/A
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/t/h/therrin/dakota.html