4.7 Coolant Change

From: Ron Slakie (Slakie@erols.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 16:01:34 EDT

As long as we are into the subject of coolant change for the 4.7, I have a
question. I noticed that just to the rear of the pressure cap there is
allen nut and the words coolant bleed. I looked in the factory sevice
manual and see no reference to this. In the past I have always bled the air
out through the pressure cap. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Also I have used the Prestone T flush in the past are there any special
instuctions or tips for using this on the 4.7?

Ron
Springfield, VA