Re: 5 speed 2k dakota clutch noise

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 18:23:33 EDT

I hear that rattle too. Check to make sure it is not comming from the
transfer case if you have 4WD. I noticed the same thing when I installed the
hurst shifter. I used a mechanics sthethescope to make sure the noise was
not comming from the transmission. It was clearly the transfer case.
Pionted this out to the local Dodge shop and, of course, they said this was
normal. Yeah right! Thank god for the extended drive train waranty. I
might need it.

Andrew