Re: Nats Bound!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 18:47:56 EDT

At 08:03 PM 8/8/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com> wrote:
>[...]
>: If you happen to see the convoy, give a honk. Just don't mess with the
>Gen I.
>: He will race after a Stealth Fighter if it's ahead of him :-)
>
> Hee hee hee! I can vouch for that! And so can the R/T we caught up with
>on the way to Carlisle this year; even at triple digit speeds, Jim didn't
>give an inch. Being moderately sane myself ;-) I wasn't actually mixing
>it up there with 'em, but I *was* doing 100 just to keep up. -Jon-

I seem to remember that same story when you & Rich would go through the
mountain tunnels in PA :-0

I've got to tell Jim that it's generally expected that you lift off the pedal
once you've crossed the track's finish line. I'll do my 14.8 or 14.9 and
Jim will do his 16.5 or 16.6 but he'll stay on the pedal until the cutoff
and get right on my tail all the way back to timeslip's booth :-)

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG