Steering wheel 'click'

From: \(MAGNUM S/T\) (hoegen@kersur.net)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 14:08:21 EDT

Ok, I realize over the web diagnosis is sometimes tricky, but before I drag
the S/T to the dealer, I'd like to bounce yet the latest problem of the
group:

Upon braking and moreso upon accelerating quick I get what feel like a short
pop in the steering wheel. Not something you hear, but something that is
'felt' while holding the wheel. It feel as though when there is a quick
change in the momentum of the truck, something is loose and moves slightly.
I realize this could be anything, and I am still experiencing a slight
rythmic shake on the highway (even though I have had the wheels balanced and
aligned TWICE). Is this latest popping feel in the steering wheel indicative
of a particular type of problem??? Tie-rods maybe??

Thanks