Update on the truck...

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 22:06:39 EDT

Well... Ive been building a PC for the last week or so.. and I've been off
and on checkin my mail before re-formattin...

I took the truck in Weds to have the Torque converter replaced with the
stock one, to try and rid of the "bogging", and I pointed out the my buddy
that my crankshaft moved in and out of the block about 1/2"... and said that
it was needing a new thrust main bearing... so I bought a set, and was
there when he dropped the oil pan... well... he instantly said, okay, this
isnt good when he took the cap off... He noted that the Cap was worn
almost all the way down from the thrust towards the rear of the motor, but
even worse, it had ate into the crankshaft as well...

Well.. I ended up gettin a Re-Man crankshaft, with bearings, $199 for
now....

Maybe I'll be back into the 13's with the boost again...

I also blew out my Powerdyne belt again Thursday a week ago, and I got one
ordered again... (ebay)
I'ma stop using Scott's 2.4" pulley, and use the 6# pulley untill I can get
a Vortech T trim from KRC...

Its been a fun week so far :-)

Tim Berry
(Boostless and used to run 13.5) =P