RE: Dakota Discounts on new trucks on the lot???????????????????

From: Art DiRamio (ADiRamio@opensolutions.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 10:00:40 EDT

Up here in CT, it all depends on how motivated the dealer is to move the
truck. I had a trade-in which complicated things a little, but the bottom
line is still how much is coming out of my pocket. I went to 7 or 8
different dealers, looking at similarly equipped trucks (within $100), and
got wildly different quotes. The highest quote was $3K more than the
lowest. When I told the highest dealer how far off he was, he told me that
wasn't possible and the low dealer made a mistake, and that I'd never get
the truck at that price!

Well, I got my truck for what I think was a great deal from that lowest
price dealer on a handshake deal (no paperwork while I waited for it to come
in, it was one they ordered and were waiting on). Nobody was even within
$800 of them (Papa's Dodge in New Britain, John Czop - salesperson).

Good luck searching. I love my 2001 QC 4.7 4x4 in Patriot Blue!

--Art