Re: DML Digest V4 #4001

From: Moparlary@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 12:01:53 EDT

Typically insurance companies don't cover contents of the vehicle. Having
said that, I did get an insurance co. to pay for a tool box that got crushed
in the truck of a car that got rear ended. As for an arson investigation, if
you really suspect arson, I'd recommend going back to your local PD and
asking them to investigate it further or if it's a small department, ask them
to refer it to your county prosecutor's office, which probably has an arson
unit. I'd hope it wasn't arson because it's disturbing to think someone is
ramdomly set people's vehilces on fire.
   And a hint from my Dad, who worked for insurnace companies.
    When they try and dicker about the value of the truck and look for
excuses to lower the value, the arguement you should stick buy is tell them
to forget giving you a check. Just ask them to buy you an identitical truck,
right down to the every last mod you made.
     That's worked for me twice including the time insurance wanted to give
me bupkiss for a 76 Fury with a 360 cop motor. I said, "Fine, keep the money
get me an identical car. Oh and make sure it has the police package." I had a
check for the right amount in a week.
    Moparlary, 87 Dakota SE 4x4, 95 Neon sport coupe

<<