1999 5.2l still can't tow 3400 lbs! ARGH!!! DM says they'll hook it to some "data saver" and drive it.....

From: Suter, Rick (RSuter@bizfon.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 09:50:24 EDT

I, of course, think it will solve nothing, but I have had some other
ideas...

Since the 5.2l is just plain running extremely bad, it's had a tuneup and
wires w/o any difference. The dealer has screwed with just about
everything... belly pan gasket, this sensor, that sensor.... I thought, what
about installing a chip? It does the engine management, right? So, if an
aftermarket chip can do a decent job, maybe it would help. Anyone using a
chip they'd recommend for a '99 5.2l auto 4x4? Price? How about a new
ignition system while I'm at it? Recommendations? prices?

thanks,

Rick