Temperature fluctuations

From: Panoli, Robert (panolro@mail.northgrum.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 07:19:30 EDT

With the OEM thermostat, the temperature gauge was pretty solid at 195 no
matter what the outside temperature was or type of driving (highway or city,
AC on or off). Now since I installed the 180 deg thermostat the gauge seems
to fluctuate a lot (especially if its hot out driving in city traffic with
the AC on, the gauge reads close to 200). As long as its cool out the gauge
reads closer to the 180 mark like its suppose to. Is this normal? I checked
the coolant level and it was O.K.

Bob
99 Sport 5.2L 5-spd