Beware: Leak in CAB: 97' DAK 4x4 SLT(30KMiles)

From: Reuben Harris (rharris@red.gd-ots.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 11:20:43 EDT

Well, the leak has been fixed and I want to warn all out there that this may
be a possibility for your truck.

The problem was that water was leaking into my truck when it would rain.
Living in Seattle means lots of rain and lots of opportunities for leaking.
Well it would seem that water would leak into the floor of my cab in drastic
amounts and not drain out when driving in the rain. This seemed impossible
since the truck pretty much brand new. Most of the miles have been put on
the truck in the past year.

After months of searching for the leak, two grommets in the floor board were
discovered that were not sealed. These grommets are under the drivers side
seat and are supposed to be plugs for some wiring that are laced under the
carpet. What a bad design? Dodge, I've got to give it to you this time.
You have really out done your self. So, beware out there DAD owners.

Reuben
97" DAK 4x4 SLT
5.2L