Re: truckin

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 20:55:45 EDT

Your truck might make it into "readers rides" but it takes a lot of money or
talent to make it into a magazine. I have worked on my truck for two years
now and I'm not even close to being magazine quality, and I know it.
Basically, if you drive it on the street, you will never make it because it
will never be clean enough. If you want to see what a magazine quality car
looks like in person, go to the mopar nats. You must realize that of those
3000+ cars you may see, only 10 might make it into a magazine this year. I
have a lot of respect for these people, they spent more time working on
their vehicle than you might think, some people work on their vehicles for
10 years. If you think your Dak deserves to be in a magazine then show it at
national shows, if they like it, they will photograph it! Its just plain
silly to cancel a magazine because your truck does not meet their standards.
It really does not hurt them much. If you want to irk them, get your truck
into a competitors magazine, let them see what they lost out on!

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
~360ci, 5-spd, 8 3/4 rear / 3.90-SG
1994 Dakota 15.36 @ 91.56 mph
~318ci, 5-spd, 3.90 LS (bone stock, no mods)