re:re: Raspy shifter

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 18:32:22 EDT

Aaron,

sorry I didn't make that very clear... just because it makes sense in my
head doesn't mean it comes out right in my email!

What I meant to say was, back the stop bolts off by about 1/4 to 1/2 a
turn, and reset them, one by one. You'll have to experiment here, but you
should be able to find the culprit if you reset, test it (by driving the
Dak), and resetting if necessary. You should be able to get most of the
noise reduced considerably. Yes, the Hurst is louder than stock, but it
sure feels great when it's set right. Mine actually "clicks" when you shift
and hit the stop bolts, but the throws are much shorter, and a whole lot
harder to miss a shift than with the stock one.

Whatever you do, don't remove the stop bolts. There is plenty of room there
to adjust them correctly, and they do serve a purpose.

Sorry for not making it clearer the first time. Hope that helps, and if it
doesn't, feel free to e-mail me.

Later,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport