Re: Polyurethane Bushings,Attn:Matt

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 19:55:08 EDT

Matt,

Energy Suspensions (California) make just about a complete set
of Bushings for the Generation III. I bought a set last year and
had them installed. They make a real difference. Coupled with
good shocks and tires and the old Dak handles like a sport sedan.

The only thing they didn't stock was the bushings for the Steering Rack.
I had the Poly "E's" installed on the front sway bar, all control arms,
tie rod ends, and all points on the rear sway bar. Really made the truck
tight and better than new.

If I remember right, the Bushing Set costs about $200-$250. Installation is
another matter. I also had new front spring pads installed. Installation
took
2-days by professionals. Just about have to gut the chassis. The new
bushings are very stiff and some don't want to go on without bleeding fingers
and bad words. The bill for installation was over $1,000, but to me worth
every penny.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan