RE: Cheap Headers? (3.9)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 22:11:05 EDT

One company makes them...JBA.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net] On Behalf Of Wes Weems
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 8:43 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Cheap Headers? (3.9)

Ok,

I dont mean to sound cheap... as thats truly not my motivation.... it
seems I got a small exhaust leak near my front left (if looking at at
the truck head on) side of my engine where the exhaust manifold meets
the engine....

MY question is this.. .a long time ago.. .I paid like 100 bucks for a
set of hooker headers from jcwhitney or something for my blazer... I
realize this is a v6 and thus harder find headers for... but I am
interested to see if there is something I can use as a quick and dirty
fix..

On a side note... right now the truck is bone stock with the exception
of a 40 series flowmaster... and I was wondering if headers would kill
my motor (for lack of back pressure or whatever.

The truck is a 1997 dakota sport 4x4 with the 3.9l v6

Any information would be wonderfull

Wes